Ahmed Ali Siddiqui
"Mr. Siddiqui holds a Bachelors & Masters degree in Business Administration from Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi with six gold medals. His areas of specialization include Islamic Finance & MIS.
He has over 14 years of rich Islamic banking experience and is being involved in pioneering work in the field of Islamic finance in Pakistan. His major areas of interest are Shariah Compliant product development, Sovereign Sukuk & deal structuring, development of innovative solutions for retail, corporate & consumer banking, formulation of policy guidelines, Islamic banking training, Shariah Audit, applicative research & Islamic financial advisory services.
- Challenges of Islamic banks in Courts. (Daily Dawn, Oct 17, 2016)
- A Case Study of Meezan Bank – Journal of the Institute of Bankers Pakistan Dec 2014
- Meezan Bank – A Role Model of Shariah Compliance for Islamic Banks – Islamic Finance Review UK (May 2014)
- Islamic Banking Synopsis - Journal of the Institute of Bankers Pakistan Sept 2013
- Successful launch of IIBR gives hopes for development of local benchmark in Pakistan –IFN news / The Finance Daily (Jan 2013)
- Country Feature – Islamic Banking in Pakistan Report 2012 (IFN News)
- Islamic Banking Industry – Growth Amid Challenges – The Financial Daily (Nov 16,2012)
- Islamic Banking Modes for Agriculture & Financing Facilities – The Financial Daily (Oct 12, 2012)
- Islamic Banking – A viable solution to Current Financial Crises (2009)
- Islamic Banking – Differences, Growth & Challenges (2008)
Senior Program Manager
Ms. Ahson holds a BBA (Hons.) and MBA degree from Institute of Business Administration. She brings with her 20 years of blended experience in corporate banking, Islamic finance consultancy and teaching various institutions of repute. She has completed her CFA level 2 and is currently working as Senior Program Manager for CEIF.
- Benchmarking for Islamic banks
- Islamic finance: Diversity of Challenges
- Fintech's silent revolution
- Takaful: Potentials and Challenges
- Gaping HR gap in Islamic finance industry
- Islamic finance's foray into PMEX
- Slowdown in Sukuk issuances
- Insight: Balancing risk management and profitability
- Balancing Risk Management and Profitability
- Impact of Capital Adequacy requirements on Profitability of Islamic banks in Pakistan" co-authored by H. Jamal Zubairi, presented in Dubai at 5th Asian Management Research and Case Conference (AMRC) 2016.
- Case Study on "First Asset Replacement of a Sovereign Sukuk" co-authored by Mr Ahmed Ali Siddiqui. Presented at the 1st LUMS Conference on Islamic Finance, Banking and Business Ethics Conference held on 26-27th March, 2016. (Abstract here) (Publication in process)
Muhammad Azeem is currently working as Executive Finance at IBA CEIF. he has done B.COM from Karachi University in 2008. before joining IBA he has worked in Dubai with trading and manufacturing companies his core expertise in receivable, payable and reconciliations of accounts.
Senior Executive Administration
Mr Waqas graduated from International Islamic Unviersity, Islamabad in BS Economics (Specialization In Islamic Banking & Finance) and did his MBA Islamic Banking & Takaful (Equal to MPhil) from Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar. He has previously worked as an Officer in Frontier Diagnostic Center, Peshawar and at IMSciences as Office/Teaching Assistant.
Senior Executive Marketing
Syed Basil is a graduate from the London School of Economics, and is a certified Financial Risk Manager. He has held various roles in business development and marketing sector, both in the financial sector with Absolute Group and in the education sector with Educational Advisory Services & Training.
Dr. Irum Saba
Dr. Saba has more than 15 years of progressive regulatory, research, training and teaching experience with organizations of international repute. Currently, she is on deputation from State Bank of Pakistan (central bank) to IBA-Karachi. She is Assistant Professor in the Department of Finance and Program Director of MS Islamic Banking and Finance at IBA-Karachi Pakistan. View Full Profile
Sumaira Ghafoor holds a Masters degree in economics from Institute of Business Administration (IBA) Karachi. Previously, She has done B.Sc Hons and M.Sc in economics from International Islamic University Islamabad (IIUI). Her academic training and 7 years of experience working as a lecturer & research fellow provided her with in-depth knowledge of Islamic Banking and Finance.
Ms. Hubab Sabir has completed her Bachelors in Business Administration from IBA, Karachi. She is a keen learner and has experience in project management, marketing and research. She has served the IBA Student Societies and the Department of Marketing at IBA during her bachelor's studies. Her internship experiences at different start-ups have enriched her practical learning experience.