Ahmed Ali Siddiqui
"Mr. Siddiqui holds a Bachelors & Masters degree in Business Administration from Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi with six gold medals. His areas of specialization include Islamic Finance & MIS.
He has over 14 years of rich Islamic banking experience and is being involved in pioneering work in the field of Islamic finance in Pakistan. His major areas of interest are Shariah Compliant product development, Sovereign Sukuk & deal structuring, development of innovative solutions for retail, corporate & consumer banking, formulation of policy guidelines, Islamic banking training, Shariah Audit, applicative research & Islamic financial advisory services.
- Challenges of Islamic banks in Courts. (Daily Dawn, Oct 17, 2016)
- A Case Study of Meezan Bank – Journal of the Institute of Bankers Pakistan Dec 2014
- Meezan Bank – A Role Model of Shariah Compliance for Islamic Banks – Islamic Finance Review UK (May 2014)
- Islamic Banking Synopsis - Journal of the Institute of Bankers Pakistan Sept 2013
- Successful launch of IIBR gives hopes for development of local benchmark in Pakistan –IFN news / The Finance Daily (Jan 2013)
- Country Feature – Islamic Banking in Pakistan Report 2012 (IFN News)
- Islamic Banking Industry – Growth Amid Challenges – The Financial Daily (Nov 16,2012)
- Islamic Banking Modes for Agriculture & Financing Facilities – The Financial Daily (Oct 12, 2012)
- Islamic Banking – A viable solution to Current Financial Crises (2009)
- Islamic Banking – Differences, Growth & Challenges (2008)
Senior Program Manager
Ms. Ahson holds a BBA (Hons.) and MBA degree from Institute of Business Administration. She brings with her 17 years of blended experience in corporate banking, Islamic finance consultancy and teaching various institutions of repute. She has completed her CFA level 2 and is currently working as Senior Program Manager for CEIF.
- Islamic finance: Diversity of Challenges
- Fintech's silent revolution
- Takaful: Potentials and Challenges
- Gaping HR gap in Islamic finance industry
- Islamic finance's foray into PMEX
- Slowdown in Sukuk issuances
- Insight: Balancing risk management and profitability
- Balancing Risk Management and Profitability
- Impact of Capital Adequacy requirements on Profitability of Islamic banks in Pakistan" co-authored by H. Jamal Zubairi, presented in Dubai at 5th Asian Management Research and Case Conference (AMRC) 2016.
- Case Study on "Frist Asset Replacement of a Sovereign Sukuk" co-authored by Mr Ahmed Ali Siddiqui. Presented at the 1st LUMS Conference on Islamic Finance, Banking and Business Ethics Conference held on 26-27th March, 2016. (Abstract here) (Publication in process)
Senior Executive Finance
Zeeshan Ismail is currently working as the Senior Executive Finance at IBA CEIF. He has done his MBA in Finance from Iqra University in 2013. His thesis was titled "Impact of macroeconomic variables on firm profitability" and was based on the Energy, Oil and Gas sector. His core expertise is in Finance, more specifically Budgeting & Costing.
Before joining IBA, he was working as ERP Executive / Accounts Executive at Sui Southern Gas Company (SSGC), for the last 10 years. He was also involved in implementation of Oracle 11i in 2005 at SSGCL for various modules (AP, AR & inventory etc.) including trainings to end users; and Compiled & reconciled revenue costs report.
Haneeah Jawed is currently a Research Fellow at IBA CEIF. She is doing her Masters in Islamic Banking and Finance from Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi. She has a Bachelors in Business Administration (BBA) degree, majoring in Finance, from IBA Karachi.
Before joining IBA CEIF, she has worked at Engro Polymer and Chemicals Ltd. as an Audit Intern and was a project resource for READyslexics. She has achieved various awards and scholarships, including the Dean's List and merit scholarship at IBA.