- Download PDF
Executive Learning Program
Understanding Islamic Finance
Date:Monday to Wednesday - January 10, 11 & 12, 2022
Venue: IBA City Campus
Timing: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PKT)Register Now! Pay Online
The Centre for Excellence in Islamic Finance, IBA is offering a three-days interactive learning and activity based exclusive workshop on Understanding Islamic Finance for students of IBA.
This is an introductory level course which will provide basic understanding of Banking & Islamic Finance to the students. The participants will develop an understanding of the modes of Islamic Finance and how they are applicable in modern day financial system.
The assets of the Islamic banking industry amounts to approx. 4.8 trillion Pakistani rupees while deposits are approx. 3.8 trillion rupees (June 30, 2021). This represents 17% of Assets & 19% of Deposits of Banking Industry. As per SBP Strategic Plan 2020-2025 Islamic Banking is envisaged to have a 30% market share of the overall Banking Industry by 2025. This means a great degree of expansion, growth & demand in the next few years. We aim to equip IBA students with this necessary skillset.
This workshop enriched with case studies, career counselling session and field trips to Banks aims to provide a rich learning experience to the students.
- An overview of Islamic Finance & FAQ's
- Career Counselling session
- Interaction with industry leaders
- Field trip to an Islamic Bank & to State Bank of Pakistan
- Guidance / Assistance will be provided for internship placements
- Deposit side of Islamic Finance
- Asset side of Islamic Bank
Note: Selected students will be offered ON SPOT internship opportunity at Islamic Banks and Takaful companies.
Booking Terms & Conditions
All the payments are to be received before the start of the course date.
- IBA CEIF shall receive full course fee.
- If the mentioned participants cannot attend the course, replacement participants are welcome.
- To cancel the registration, request should be sent through email at least 5 days before the course start date to be eligible for a refund.
- Participants who do not show up for the course are liable to pay full course fee & no refund will be given.
- If a course is postponed for whatever reason, registered participants will automatically be registered for new date of the course and will be informed in advance.
Registration Deadline and fees
Registration Deadline: Friday – January 7, 2022
PKR 4,000/- (After exclusive discount of 80% for the students of IBA)