Ahmed Ali Siddiqui
"Mr. Siddiqui holds a Bachelors & Masters degree in Business Administration from Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi with six gold medals. His areas of specialization include Islamic Finance & MIS.
He has over 14 years of rich Islamic banking experience and is being involved in pioneering work in the field of Islamic finance in Pakistan. His major areas of interest are Shariah Compliant product development, Sovereign Sukuk & deal structuring, development of innovative solutions for retail, corporate & consumer banking, formulation of policy guidelines, Islamic banking training, Shariah Audit, applicative research & Islamic financial advisory services.
- Challenges of Islamic banks in Courts. (Daily Dawn, Oct 17, 2016)
- A Case Study of Meezan Bank – Journal of the Institute of Bankers Pakistan Dec 2014
- Meezan Bank – A Role Model of Shariah Compliance for Islamic Banks – Islamic Finance Review UK (May 2014)
- Islamic Banking Synopsis - Journal of the Institute of Bankers Pakistan Sept 2013
- Successful launch of IIBR gives hopes for development of local benchmark in Pakistan –IFN news / The Finance Daily (Jan 2013)
- Country Feature – Islamic Banking in Pakistan Report 2012 (IFN News)
- Islamic Banking Industry – Growth Amid Challenges – The Financial Daily (Nov 16,2012)
- Islamic Banking Modes for Agriculture & Financing Facilities – The Financial Daily (Oct 12, 2012)
- Islamic Banking – A viable solution to Current Financial Crises (2009)
- Islamic Banking – Differences, Growth & Challenges (2008)
Senior Program Manager
Mr. Zia Khalid holds a MBA Degree from Institute of Business Adminsitration (IBA) Karachi. He has also done Post Graduation Diploma (PGD) In Islamic Banking from Centre of Islamic Economics(CIE) and ACSS Certification from IBA CEIF.
He has work experience of more than 20 years and has worked for various Organizations including:
- HBL Islamic Window in their Product Development Department as Senior Manager.
- Dubai Islamic Bank Pakistan Limited as Unit Head Shariah Review & Secretary Shariah Board.
- Meezan Bank Limited as Unit Head Corporate Banking Service Unit & Team Leader Shariah Audit.
- Al-Zamin Leasing Modaraba as Head of Internal Audit.
- Attock Cement Pakistan Limited as AM Internal Audit.
He has also done CA articleship from AF Ferguson & Co. Chartered Accountants.
Dr. Irum Saba
Dr. Saba has more than 15 years of progressive regulatory, research, training and teaching experience with organizations of international repute. Currently, she is on deputation from State Bank of Pakistan (central bank) to IBA-Karachi. She is Associate Professor in the Department of Finance and Program Director of MS Islamic Banking and Finance at IBA-Karachi Pakistan. View Full Profile