- Download PDF
Executive Learning Program
Shariah Governance and Non-Compliance Risk
Date:20th – 21st August, 2019
Venue: IBA City Campus
Timing: 9:00 am - 5:00 pmRegister Now! Pay Online
IBA Centre for Excellence in Islamic Finance (IBA CEIF) is pleased to offer a two-day advance level course on Shariah Governance and Non-Compliance Risk.
This course is designed to for C-level Executives in Islamic Banks, Islamic Bank's window operations, Takaful Companies, Modarabah and Mutual Funds. The Course will provide a global view of the role of BoD (Board of Directors) in Shari'ah governance for Islamic Financial Institutions and its effect on Shari'ah compliance.
Shari'ah governance structure is needed to ensure that the operations of an Islamic Financial Institution and its nancial reporting processes adhere to Shari'ah principles. Shari'ah governance, which is also a pillar of operational risk management for mitigating Shari'ah noncompliance risk, is a vital part of corporate governance. The Course will also highlight and discuss relevant scope, scale and procedures related to the Shari'ah compliance review process and methodology.
- Prof. Dr. Mohamad Akram is currently the Executive Director of International Shari'ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA) and Professor at International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance (INCEIF). Prior to joining ISRA he was an Assistant Professor at the Kulliyah of Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Human Sciences, International Islamic University, Malaysia (IIUM). In the period 2002-2004, he was a Visiting Assistant Professor at the University of Sharjah, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates. At present, he is member of Malaysia Shari'ah Advisory Council, Chairman of Shari'ah Board of Employees Provident Fund Malaysia (EPF), Member of Shariah Supervisory Council of Labuan Financial Services Authority (FSA), Member of Board of Trustees of Malaysian Islamic Economic Development Foundation (YaPEIM), Member of Shariah Advisory Board ZI Shariah Advisory, Member of Shariah Advisor of Dar Al Takaful, Dubai, Member of Shariah Advisory Board, Eco Islamic Bank, Republic of Kyrgstan, Member of Shariah Advisory Council International Islamic Financial Market (IIFM),Bahrain, Member of Shariah Advisor of National Takaful Company PSC. He is a Member Financial Regulation Advisory Council of Experts (FRACE), Central Bank of Nigeria and many more
- Understand the role of BOD in Shariah governance framework
- Understand Shari'ah framework for Shari'ah compliance review, audit & governance
- Comprehend policies, process and procedures in Shari'ah compliance review
- Draw attention to current Shari'ah issues in Islamic financial operation and ensure a strict Shariah compliance
- Understand the main sources of Shariah Non Compliance Risk
- Discuss the Malaysian experience in the enforcement & the remedial action for shariah non-compliant events
- Analyse the issues and challenges of the implementation and development of Shari'ah governance in Islamic Financial Institutions.
Who Should Attend
- Directors CEOs/Deputy CEOs
- Group Heads
- Shariah Board Members
Registration Fees and Deadline
PKR 40,500/- per participant
Early bird discount 25% (Register before 1st August)
Last date for registration: 15h August, 2019